The Ontario Association of School Business Officials acknowledges that school systems belong to the public they serve for the purpose of providing educational opportunities for all. OASBO actions will be viewed and appraised by the community, professional associates and students.
Therefore, the Ontario Association of School Business Officials shall maintain standards of exemplary conduct. To these ends, OASBO subscribes to the following statements of standards/code of ethics:
The Ontario School Business Official:
- Makes the well being of students the fundamental value in all decision-making and actions.
- Supports the principle of due process and protects the civil and human rights of all individuals.
- Obeys local, provincial and national laws.
- Exhibits commitment to implementing the policies, rules and regulations of the governing Board.
- Pursues stewardship of the school district resources and full disclosure of relevant information.
- Pursues appropriate measures to ensure proper use of school funds, property, and authority.
- Fulfills professional responsibilities with honesty and integrity.