Benefits of Business Associate Membership
OASBO encourages the membership and participation of suitable businesses through the Business Associate membership classification. OASBO will support its Business Associate members by providing opportunities for Business Associates to interact appropriately with all members in keeping with appropriate public sector business best practices especially standards regarding codes of ethics, fairness and transparency.
Act as the final arbiter on decisions about the membership of businesses seeking and/or maintaining Business Associate status.
1. The OASBO office will post an application for business associate membership on its web-site.
2. Business associates must exhibit the following characteristics:
i. Good reputation and business practices
ii. Professional and lawful
iii. Licensed/certified to provide goods and/or services in Ontario
b. Education or School Board oriented goods and/or services
3. The OASBO executive director will review any membership application and inform the business of the decision regarding membership.
Rights and Responsibilities
Business Associates must:
• Adhere to the OASBO Code of Ethics
• Align where possible to the goals and objectives of OASBO
Privileges for Business Associates
• Have prime locations and signage at OASBO trade shows
• Where possible a presence on the OASBO web site
• Use the OASBO logo with permission
• Access to membership information
• Early notice of sponsorship opportunities
4. Business Associate membership does not include attendance at OASBO Standing Committee meetings but a Business Associate can attend by invitation of the Chair.